GRADING / PROGRESS
· The student has 90 days to complete the course. If the student has not, notification via email will be sent to the student and parent. At that juncture, the parent will contact the instructor to implement a progress plan going forward.
· This course has one or more lessons which have a test to complete at the end of the lesson. You will be allowed to take a lesson test a maximum of 3 times. If you reach this number, it will result in an automatic lesson failure and you will be forced to take the entire lesson again. Upon course final or lesson test failure, the parent and student will receive a notification via email.
RULES OF OPERATION AND CONDUCT
· The driver education instructor may decide to not commence a drive or stop a drive for: Obvious signs of tobacco, alcohol or drug use; rude or disruptive behavior, drowsiness, or using a cell phone in the car. It will be at the discretion of the driving school owner to continue the program with the student.
· Parents will ensure the student receives a minimum 8 hours of sleep the night before each scheduled drive.
· Once the student has successfully completed the course, the parent will contact the school to schedule the drives. The drives consist of 3, 2- hour lessons and are scheduled around the student’s driving restrictions as much as possible.
· As the student works through the course, he/she will complete the observation log (located on the website), whenever she/he is a passenger with another driver. This fulfills the Idaho state requirement since there will not be a partner in the car during the driving instruction.
· IMPORTANT! Observation hours MUST be completed and the log turned in on the first scheduled drive.
· Parents are encouraged to comment on their driving while the student observes, calling attention to the driving scene, vehicle control, signs, signals, markings, traffic, space management (blind spots) and rules of the road. Parents will be required to sign off on the observation log certifying that the student actively observed for the minimum of six hours.
POLICIES FOR DISMISSAL - A student may be dismissed from the course at any time for any of the following reasons:
a. If a student does not meet Idaho state requirements for the course.
b. If a student is found to be cheating at any point during the course.
c. If an unauthorized person is found to be taking the course on behalf of the student.
· Once the student has enrolled in the online course, there is no refund issued.
· If the student no-shows for a drive, there will be a charge of $50 to schedule the make-up drive.