Driving School of Mansfield - Teen Driver Education Online All-Inclusive Course Terms and Conditions
The Teen Driver Education Online All-Inclusive Course provides 32 Hours of Online Self-Paced Classes, Written Permit Test, 14 Hours of In-Car Instruction, and the DPS Road Skills Driving Test.
The student must successfully complete the following requirements:
1. Complete 32 Hours of Online Self-Paced Classes within 90 days of start date.
2. After completing 6 hours of online lessons (Module 1), pass the Written Permit Test at Driving School of Mansfield office.
3. Receive his/her Learner's Permit from a DPS office.
4. Complete 14 Hours of In-Car Instruction at Driving School of Mansfield within 1 year of the start date.
5. Complete 30 Hours of driving with a parent/guardian and recorded on a Parent Log.
6. Pass the DPS Road Skills Driving Test at Driving School of Mansfield.
TUITION AND FEES
The Teen Driver Education Online All-Inclusive Course tuition is $405. The tuition includes 32 Hours of Online Self-Paced Classes, Written Permit Test, 14 Hours of In-Car Instruction, and the DPS Road Skills Driving Test.
A Student Course Extension fee of $30 will be charged if the student has not successfully completed all 32 hours of self-paced online instruction within 90 days. The Student Course Extension provides an additional 30 days for the student to complete the remaining hours of the 32 Hour Online Course.
A no-show fee of $30 will be charged if the school is not notified of a cancellation at least 6 hours prior to a scheduled in-car driving lesson. The driving school is not responsible and/or liable for the student’s actions, conduct, and/or behavior outside of the classroom before class, during breaks, and/or after class. Parents are responsible for making arrangements for the student to be picked up on time.
GRADING / PROGRESS
Progress standards must meet the requirements of the current rules adopted by the commissioner of education. Mastery is a prerequisite to awarding a grade of 70 or above. Evidence of mastery shall be determined by one or more of the following methods: 1) unit tests; 2) written assignments; 3) skills performance checklist; and 4) comprehensive examinations of knowledge and skills.
RULES OF OPERATION AND CONDUCT
A student or prospective student may be dismissed or barred from the school for tardiness; drunkenness or obvious signs of drug use; rude, vulgar or disruptive behavior; smoking or using tobacco products; using a cell phone during class or in the car; or being otherwise inattentive (sleeping, texting, reading, etc.). Students terminated for violating rules of conduct may be readmitted at the discretion of the school director.
A full refund will be made to any student who cancels the enrollment contract before midnight of the third day, excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and legal holidays, after the enrollment contract is signed by the prospective student, unless the student has completed the course and accepted a certificate of completion during that period.
· Refund computations will be based on actual instruction received through the last date of attendance.
The itemized cost of the Teen Drivers Education All-Inclusive Online Course is $9.69 per completed (1) hour of online instruction, $7.13 per completed two (2) hours of in-car instruction, $15.00 attempted written permit test, $30 attempted DPS Road Skills Driving Test
· The effective date of the termination for refund purposes will be the earliest of the following:
(a) the last day of attendance, if the student is terminated by the school; (b) the date of receipt of written notice from the student; or
(c) the 10th school day following the last day of attendance.
· If tuition is collected in advance of entrance and, ** if after the expiration of the 72-hour cancellation privilege, the student does not enter school, terminates enrollment, or withdraws, the school may retain up to $50 as administrative expenses; and, from the remainder, shall refund that portion of the classroom tuition and fees and behind-the-wheel tuition and fees for services not previously received by the student.
· Refunds for items of extra expense to the student, including instructional supplies, books, laboratory fees, service charges, rentals, deposits, and all other such ancillary miscellaneous charges, will be made within 30 days after the effective date of enrollment termination if these items are stated separately and shown as part of the data furnished the student before enrollment.
· A full refund of all tuition and fees is due and refundable in each of the following cases:
(a) when an enrollee is not accepted by the school; (b) if the course of instruction is discontinued by the school at this location; or (c) if the student’s enrollment was procured as a result of any misrepresentation in advertising, promotional materials of the school, or misrepresentation by the owner or representation of the school.
· Refunds shall be completed within 30 days after the effective date of termination.
NOTICE TO PARENTS AND GUARDIANS
As the parent or guardian of a teenager, you are entitled to know the minimum requirements of a teen driver education course.
· There are thirty-two (32) required hours of classroom instruction. Your teen must attend the first six (6) hours of classroom instruction before a learner’s permit will be issued by DPS. Only two (2) hours of scheduled classroom instruction are permitted per day.
· The classroom instruction phase shall be completed within the timelines stated in this contract and all 32 hours must be attended and successfully completed or made up. If a student fails to successfully complete the 32 classroom hours, this school is required to contact DPS and cancel the learner’s permit.
· Seven (7) clock hours of in-car driving instruction and an additional seven (7) clock hours of in-car observation are required. A two-hour increment of behind-the-wheel instruction may be offered once during the behind-the-wheel phase of instruction for each student.
· Thirty (30) additional clock hours of behind-the-wheel instruction must be provided to young drivers and certified by a parent or guardian before a teenager may progress to Phase 2 of the Texas’ Graduated Driver Licensing program.
· If your teen transfers to another school or driver training program, timelines may change and credits for classroom and/or in-car training may not be transferable to the new driver training school.
· The entire driver education course must be completed within the timelines stated in this contract. (Note: During peak enrollment periods, in-car instruction times could be subject to availability.)
· IF YOU HAVE REASON TO BELIEVE THAT THESE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS ARE NOT BEING MET OR HAVE A COMPLAINT, PLEASE CONTACT TDLR, Customer Service 800-803-9202 or 512-463-6599. www.tdlr.texas.gov
Driving School of Mansfield, LLC (c2731)
1219 E Debbie Lane, Suite 103
Mansfield, TX 76063
(817)260-1020 - Phone
www.DrivingSchoolofMansfield.com - Website
DrivingSchoolofMansfield@yahoo.com - Email
I have been furnished with the school’s tuition and fees; cancellation and refund policy; and school regulations pertaining to absence, grading policy, progress, and rules of operation and conduct. I further realize that any grievances not resolved by the school may be forwarded to: TDLR, PO BOX 12157 AUSTIN, TX 78711. Telephone: (512) 463-6599.
· This agreement constitutes the entire contract between the school and the student and no verbal assurances or promises not contained herein shall bind the school or the student.
· The school is prohibited from issuing a DE-964 if the student has not met all of the requirements for course completion, and the student should not accept a DE-964 under such circumstances.
· This driver education school maintains business vehicle insurance as required by the Transportation Code, Chapter 601, and uninsured or underinsured coverage.
READ ENTIRE CONTRACT BEFORE SIGNING A copy of the contract must be given to the parent and a copy maintained by the school.